Friday, January 22, 2010

New Year underway at CCS

I got at least one thing done over the break, but now it's time to get back to work.
First off, revising my Punk script. We had a session with Paul Karasik yesterday. It gave me ideas on how I need to reexamine my story. A few things in particular jumped out at me based on his three-act story arc template:
-- My story is missing tangible complications and impediments which points to the concerns raised during my last crit, that everything panel/scene carried the same weight and it took long to get to the hero
-- script violates last panel rule as it gives no real reason to turn page; each episode feels too complete and contained
-- nothing really gets fixed at the end; might be able to get away with that, though, cause this story is more like an extended gag comic, so perhaps it can follow a different structure

So it's back to the drawing board, or should I say, the computer.

1 comment:

Paul Karasik said...

Glad that my lecture helped, Modik!

-Paul K.